- Show all
Popular Patio & Outdoor Living Searches:
Add comfortable and stylish seating options to your home’s outdoor patio or porch by putting new Adirondack chairs from Kohl’s into action! Offering a classic look, undeniable comfort, and long-lasting durability, outdoor Adirondack chairs from Kohl’s will be a popular place for friends and family to take a seat, kick back, and relax in your outdoor entertaining area!
Shop Kohl’s for all your outdoor furniture and decor needs, as we offer plenty of options to choose from that will enhance the look of your exterior space. Find furnishings like patio tables and chairs, fire pits, decorative accents, and so much more! With all these options available, Kohl’s is sure to be your one and only stop for outdoor decor essentials!
What is an Andirondack Chair?
The Adirondack chair is a seating option that features a more reclined back. It also sits closer to the ground than a traditional chair. It’s designed for relaxation, rest, and provides plenty of back and rear support. Adirondack chairs also typically offer wide arm rests, which are perfect for holding a book or refreshing drink, and they also help give a solid support surface to grab as you stand up from the chair.
Things to Consider When Shopping for an Adirondack Chair
It’s important to know the details about Adirondack chairs prior to adding them to your patio, deck, or porch.
- Due to the low-to-the-ground nature of an Adirondack chair, it might not be ideal for those who have back or knee issues, as you have to bend a bit to get into and out of one of these seats.
- Adding a footrest or ottoman when seated in an Adirondack chair enhances the relaxation and comfort, and keeps your legs supported.
- Look for Adirondack chairs that offer contoured backs and seats as well, as these chair options keep you even more comfortable.
The material that an Adirondack chair is made of is also key, and a big factor in deciding which option is right for you and your home. Adirondack chairs come in many different material types. Let’s look at these options, and see how they stack up!
- Wood - this is a traditional material for Adirondack chairs, and with good reason. It’s easy to clean, lasts for a long time if cared for properly, and looks great as part of any exterior home decor.
- Aluminium - a less popular pick than wood, aluminum Adirondack chairs are available, and do offer some benefits over other materials. Aluminium is durable and very lightweight, so you can leave the chair outside and move it around your space as needed. However, it might not be as comfortable as other materials, and is only available in a single gray color option.
- Plastic - a cost-effective and popular choice, plastic Adirondack chairs will keep you on budget and offer functional seating for you and guests. However, they are lacking in comfort and luxurious style, and are prone to seeing their color fade after being exposed to the elements for a prolonged time.
Each of the options listed above offer their own pros and cons, so it all comes down to your personal style preference, your furnishing budget, and your prefered desires for comfort and durability. If you’re going for a certain trend, like a rustic farmhouse look, you might want to stick to wooden Adirondack chairs. For a mid-century modern take, aluminum gives off that metallic, retro vibe. And for a colorful coastal setting, add in plastic Adirondack chairs in a variety of suitable colors to really sell the ambiance.
Once you’ve found your favorite Adirondack chairs, be sure to look for other outdoor decor that will complete the look of your space! Floral decor, decorative accent tables, exterior lighting, and more are all available at Kohl’s, so you’re sure to find everything you need to create an inviting and welcoming outdoor entertainment space!