Cast Iron Dutch Ovens(11)
- Show all
Popular Cooking Searches:
Cast Iron Dutch Ovens
Cook up some tasty meals with cast iron Dutch ovens from Kohl's! The Dutch oven is essentially a large pot or kettle with a tight-fitting lid so the steam can't escape. These thick-walled cooking vessels date back hundreds of years, which is a testament to its simple, yet effective, design. Given its durability, heat distribution, and heat retention properties, Dutch ovens are traditionally made with cast iron. However, you can also find a wide selection of cast aluminum and ceramic pots on the market.
Shop Kohl’s today to find cast iron Dutch ovens perfect for slow-roasting meats, simmering hearty soups, baking delicious bread, and frying foods with exceptional flavors.
What are Cast Iron Dutch Ovens Good for?
Whether you’re new to cooking or a seasoned pro, Dutch ovens are versatile kitchen essentials that will serve you for years to come. A cast iron Dutch oven is a multi-functional cooking appliance that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes. It can do almost anything because it’s both oven and stovetop safe. Dutch ovens are used for moist-cooking methods such as braising and stewing. Even with the lid off, they're also great for frying or even baking bread.
Caring for Your Dutch Oven
If you do decide on getting cast-iron Dutch ovens, they are easy to care for. But don’t put them away when they’re moist, otherwise they will rust. And like any other kitchen tool, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for care and cleaning. Here are a few ways to ensure that your oven maintains its look and performance for years to come:
- Wipe out the oven after every use with dry paper towels. If there’s sticky residue, moisten the towels slightly then wipe.
- Fill the dutch oven with water to cover any burned-on residue then boil the water to loosen the particles.
- Scrub the interior with a mesh dish scrubber.
- Dry with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Add a very light layer of cooking oil or seasoning spray then wipe until no oil residue remains.
Shop Kohl's today!