- Show all
Complete the look of your little one's nursery with baby cribs from Kohl's. A typical newborn can be expected to sleep anywhere from 16 to 18 hours a day, so you will certainly want to ensure they're doing it in comfort, style and most importantly, safety. With baby crib styles that are sure to match any decor, our full line of bedding for baby will have just what you need to ensure a restful night's sleep.
With all of the options available for cribs it can sometimes seem a little bit overwhelming to select the best one for your baby. Keeping your little one safe is of course priority number one. So how do you find the safest crib? Kohl's offers some tips that can help you select the perfect one for your precious little package:
- Bars should be spaced no more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
- The mattress should be very firm and should not sag under your baby's weight. It should fit snugly, with no space between it and the crib walls.
- The top of the crib rail should be at least 26 inches from the top of the mattress. Periodically lower the mattress as your child gets taller.
- The headboards and footboards should be solid, with no decorative cutouts. Corner posts that could cause injury or snag clothing should be removed.
- Do not use cribs with drop rails. These are not safe.
- Crib bumpers (or bumper pads) may seem as though they can help protect babies from drafts and bumps, but they should not be used in cribs. There is no evidence that bumper pads can prevent serious injuries, and they pose a risk of suffocation, strangulation, or entrapment. In addition, older babies can use them for climbing out of the crib.
- Keep large toys and stuffed animals out of the crib, as your baby may use them to get a leg up and over the rail. Pillows, bulky comforters, and heavy blankets do not belong in a crib; a baby can smother under them.
- Place the crib away from windows, where direct sunlight and drafts can make your baby uncomfortable. A crib can become uncomfortably hot if placed too near a radiator. Also make sure that there are no strings from blinds or curtains close by that can wrap around the baby's neck.
- Once your child is about 3 feet tall, he should start sleeping in a bed. If you are worried about him falling out of bed, you may want to start with the mattress on the floor.
- Fit your baby's crib with a firm mattress and make sure there's no space between the mattress and crib walls. Your baby should never sleep on a water bed, sheepskin, pillow, sofa, armchair, or other soft surface. Thick blankets, duvets, comforters, pillows, and large, soft, stuffed toys should never be used in babies' cribs; a baby can easily be smothered if trapped under bulky bedding or when his face is pressed up against a pillow.
Kohl's has all the trusted brand names in the business for baby cribs and convertible cribs, including Child Craft cribs, Carter's by DaVinci, Dream on Me, Delta Children, and Million Dollar Baby. Crib bedding sets add personality and charm that will finish off the look of your child's room. And be sure to stock up on other essentials for baby, like baby soothers, changing tables, mobiles, blankets and more. In no time, your child will have a bedroom that's prepared to suit all of their needs.
No matter how warm and beautiful you make your baby's nursery, however, they may spend some of their snoozes elsewhere. Kohl's also offers portable travel cribs that feature lightweight design, snap-on metal legs for easy set-up and storage and a carrying bag. This can ensure your child will get a good night's sleep wherever they go.
The comfort and safety of your child is paramount. With the full line of baby cribs and convertible cribs, cradles, bassinets, toddler beds and other nighttime needs at Kohl's, you can rest assured that your little one is safe and sound.
Crib Child Craft Cribs