- Show all
Grills and Tools for Outdoor Cooking
Whether you’re interested in getting into grilling for the first time, or if you’re a seasoned grill master who has hosted many cookouts over the years, it’s always good to keep up with the latest grilling technology!
There are many different types of grills, and a wide range of accessories and tools that make grilling easier. The following information should better help you decide the right items you need to cook tasty meals with ease!
What’s the Best Grill for You?
Most grills can be placed into three categories: gas, charcoal, and electric. Each grill type offers its own benefits and features, so have a look and see which one is right for you!
Gas grills feature quick start-up and easily adjustable temperatures, but many will argue that nothing beats the flavor from charcoal grilling. For those with limited space, an electric grill can be a convenient option. Check out our quick list of pros and cons to find out what type of grill suits your needs.
Still undecided? Many other factors can contribute to your decision to go gas, charcoal or electric, including space limitations and climate.
- For apartment patios or small yards, shop Kohls.com for a variety of space-saving grills.
- For all-season grilling in colder climates, keep your grill protected with a durable waterproof cover. Gas grills are ideal for cold-weather cooking.
- When outdoor grilling isn't an option, consider indoor electric grills, raclettes or oven smokers.
With that perfect grill ready to go, you’ll want to be geared up with grilling tools that help you serve up meals that will keep friends and family coming back for seconds!
Some grilling tools that are key to each and every grilling session include utensils like spatulas, tongs, skewers, and basting brushes. You’re also going to want other tools that make food prep and cleanup easy - tools like thermometers, grill brushes, and a wide range of grilling cookware.
Whether you're a novice griller or an experienced outdoor chef, a few grilling tips and tricks can go a long way.
- Marinate or season your foods prior to grilling for deep-down, delicious flavor. Thawed meats can marinate in a bag or closed container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Gauge the temperature of your grill with a grill thermometer before adding your food.
- Create a grilling hot zone and a moderate hot zone to have more control over how quickly different foods cook.
- Cook with the grill lid and vents closed as much as possible to prevent flare-ups.
- Turn meat and poultry with grilling tongs rather than piercing it with a meat fork. Piercing causes loss of flavorful juices.
- Don’t press the patty. Pressing burgers will squeeze out the precious juices and fats that make them so tasty.
- Check the doneness of your steak by pressing your fingertip lightly on the top. Rare steak will feel soft while well-done steak will feel firm and bounce back.
- Keep your grill clean after each use to prevent build-up. A wire grill brush is the best tool for the job.
No matter what your grilling needs, Kohl's has the answers and the products to get you out in the backyard, cooking delicious meals for the family!