Outdoor Patio Rugs(1620)
- Show all
Popular Patio & Outdoor Living Searches:
Outdoor Patio Rugs & Mats
Add a stylish accent to your patio or deck with an outdoor rug from Kohl’s! Whether indoor or outdoor, rugs are a great way to brighten up your space, protect your flooring from furniture scratches, and cushion your feet. Be sure to look for outdoor rug options that are durable, weather-resistant, and come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles. Shop Kohl’s for all your home decor needs, and give your home an updated look today!
How to Choose an Outdoor Rug
Since your rug will be exposed to the elements, you’ll want options that not only look great but are durable as well. In general, synthetic materials like nylon, polyester, and polypropylene are great for rugs exposed to inclement weather because they're more resistant to mold and mildew. Other options like bamboo and wool rugs can also be used outdoors, but they typically fare better in covered areas.
Finding the Right Size Outdoor Mat
Before you decide on an outdoor rug, consider the shape and size of the furniture you’ll be placing the rug under. One of the most popular options are rectangular-shaped rugs because they typically come in 8’x10’ and 5’x7’ sizes. However, if you’re looking for an even bigger size to make your space feel larger, we have plenty of 9’x12’ outdoor rugs available as well. Looking for something smaller, our 3’x5’ options are sure to meet your needs. Round mats will fit under more compact furniture and small spaces like doorways and entrances. Just be sure to first measure your space to ensure that the rug you choose will fit your space.
How to Clean Outdoor Rugs
In order to keep your outdoor rugs in good condition, it’s important to clean them from time to time. However, since cleaning outdoor rugs and mats can be tricky, we’re sharing some of our advice on how to clean outdoor rugs. Size, material, and a few other factors will help determine the cleaning method you use. Here are some tips on how to clean outdoor rugs:
- Read the rug’s label. The label may include specific instructions on how to clean the rug or additional information (moisture resistance, UV resistance, etc.) about the rug’s design.
- Keep in mind that if your outdoor rug has a rug pad underneath it, the rug pad may require cleaning as well. If you don’t want to clean the rug pad, remove it so that it doesn’t get wet during the cleaning process.
- Vacuum the rug. Vacuuming the rug will help remove dirt, dust, and other residue caused by foot traffic.
- After vacuuming, if small amounts of residue remain on the mat, spot clean it. Mix together warm water and a gentle detergent, and dab any spots you see with a wet rag.
- There’s a chance your outdoor mat may require a more thorough cleaning. If this is the case, scrub the entire rug with the detergent mixture until you see the stains begin to lift.
- Rinse the soap from the rug. The amount of water you need will depend on how much detergent you used. Take the mat outside, and use a bucket or a garden hose for this step.
- Let the rug air dry, as a dryer can warp the rug’s synthetic fibers. Place the rug in a sunny spot and allow it to dry naturally.