How to Get the No-Makeup Makeup Glow this Summer with Sephora at Kohl’s
Summer is a great time to refresh and enhance your daily makeup experience. With the warm and sunny weather, you’re sure to go for a bright and bold look that will fit into the season.
With a wide range of makeup options available from Sephora at Kohl’s, you can build your collection with items that help you achieve your go-to summer look. Plenty of options from Sephora work to keep your skin protected in the summer, too, helping your complexion shine and look healthy all year long.
- What is the “No-Makeup Makeup Look”?
- What Products are Part of the “No-Makeup Makeup Look”?
- Our Top 8 Picks for Creating a Minimal Summer Glow Makeup Look in 2022
- 1. Find Your Summer Look with Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter
- 2. Lock in Moisture with MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer
- 3. Smooth Your Skin with MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer
- 4. Obtain a Balanced Look with ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Turn Up the Base Blurring Foundation
- 5. Protect Your Skin and Moisturize with Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
- 6. Select a Sweet Option for Your Beauty Routine with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
- 7. Look Natural with tarte SEA Breezy Cream Blush
- 8. Treat Your Summer skin to GXVE All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil
What is the “No-Makeup Makeup Look”?
A popular trend in summer makeup styling is the “no-makeup makeup glow.” While it might sound a bit contradictory, it can lead to a summer glow that will help you stand out from the rest.
As the days of multistep techniques become more rare, Sephora is embracing the unfiltered approach to makeup. Sephora offers products designed to achieve a “gleamy dreamy” look that showcases skin tones, gentle pops of color and natural warmth.
All of this is achieved in a minimalist way, using simple steps and focusing on how to bring out the most of the natural features already present.
What Products are Part of the “No-Makeup Makeup Look”?
While the trend’s name implies no makeup is used at all, there are certain products that help you achieve the “no-makeup makeup glow”.
The first step is all about preparing your skin to achieve the desired effect. You can do this with primers containing skincare ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. These products help moisturize, smooth, plump, reduce the appearance of redness, all while fighting signs of aging and other unwanted blemishes.
Foundation & Bronzer
Next, incorporate a tinted moisturizer, BB cream, CC cream or light-coverage foundation. Apply it to your skin by using your hands or a face brush to smooth the product onto your skin for an even glow.
To really get a sun-kissed and summer-ready look, use a brush or beauty sponge to apply a bronzer that’s one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Apply it to the bridge of your nose, cheekbones and temples.
The next area to focus on is the cheeks, as you’re sure to want to add a rosy quality to them for the warm-weather months. A cream, liquid or stick blush can be used to get this look. Apply a sheer wash of blush to the apples of your cheeks. Blend outward using light, patting motions to get the desired effect.
Next, turn to a natural glow highlighter to continue your summer makeup routine. Lightly swipe the stick across prominent areas of your face, including cheek bones, cupid’s bow and the bridge of your nose. Be sure to blend the highlighter in with a beauty sponge or simply your fingers.
With your skin all set, it’s time to look at your eyes. First off are your lashes. Use your preferred mascara and use a zig-zag motion from the roots to the tips to achieve full coverage. After finishing your lashes, move to your brows. With a pencil, draw to fill in problem areas. Brush brows upward using an eyebrow gel or wax.
Lastly, focus on your luscious lips! Use a lip tint or lipstick to get the color you want. Finish off the look with a lip gloss, balm or oil to keep your lips moisturized all day long.
Our Top 8 Picks for Creating a Minimal Summer Glow Makeup Look in 2022
1. Find Your Summer Look with Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter
This highlighter option allows you to showcase your natural glow. The plant-derived glycerin helps increase the skin’s natural moisture level. Vitamin C works to brighten skin’s appearance. Lastly, rosehip seed oil, which is rich in antioxidants, assists in helping visibly brighten and moisturize skin.
2. Lock in Moisture with MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer
This silicone-free, oil-free makeup primer goes on clear to work across all skin tones and types. The lightweight grippy texture helps the foundation go on smoothly and stay locked on all day. The airless container keeps formula fresh and ensures all of the product gets used.
3. Smooth Your Skin with MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer
This formula works across all skin tones to create a smooth base around the eyes and boost the color of eyeshadow and eyeliner. Blue agave extract helps lock in eye makeup and concealer. Natural optical blurring powders provide a soft-focus effect around the eye area.
4. Obtain a Balanced Look with ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Turn Up the Base Blurring Foundation
This product offers a medium to full, buildable foundation that absorbs oil and provides a soft matte finish. It’s perfect for normal to oily skin types, allowing for versatile use. It is infused with Japanese White Rose stem cells that balance oils, control shine and improve the appearance of skin texture over time.
5. Protect Your Skin and Moisturize with Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
This sunscreen totally embraces the no-makeup makeup look in one convenient bottle. The weightless, breathable and tinted formula blends like moisturizer into a naturally radiant and nonsticky finish that lasts. With built-in sun protection plus vitamin E, it moves with your skin, wearing evenly.
6. Select a Sweet Option for Your Beauty Routine with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
This bronzer will help you create all-over warmth and dimension while achieving a rich, matte and buildable tan that smells as good as it looks, thanks to the inclusion of 100 percent real cocoa powder. It gives skin a customized bronze for up to eight hours and is available in three shades for a buildable tan.
7. Look Natural with tarte SEA Breezy Cream Blush
This blush delivers a “just pinched” color that doesn’t fade in the summer sun. It minimizes the look of pores and fine lines for a fresh and youthful look. It offers a smooth application, while hydrating skin using marine plants, coconut and sodium hyaluronate. These ingredients work together to reduce the look of fine lines, nourish, plump and enrich the skin.
8. Treat Your Summer skin to GXVE All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil
This lightweight, multiuse oil delivers up to 24 hours of hydration and a smoother, dewy-looking complexion. Use alone to prep and prime skin, or mix with foundation for a hydration boost. The formula contains omega-rich oils, skin-soothing aloe and meadowfoam seed oil.
No matter which beauty trend you’re considering incorporating into your warm-weather routine, shop summer beauty essentials from Sephora at Kohl’s to find the products that will instantly elevate your skin and your style.