14 Summer-to-Fall Transitional Wardrobe Ideas
As seasons change, so will your wardrobe. When summer leads into fall, be ready for the cooler temperatures with transitional women’s fall wardrobe options found at Kohl’s. No matter if you’re looking for pieces to incorporate into your existing wardrobe, or if you’re in need of entirely new items to refresh your complete autumn look, you’ll find everything you need here.
Fall is the time when you look at adding sweaters, leggings, boots, button-downs and more to your closet. You can find all these at Kohl’s and build a fall collection that’s ready for the changing seasons.
- What is a Transitional Wardrobe?
- Key Transitional Wardrobe Items
- 1. Lay the Foundation for Your Fall Look with a Women’s FLX Affirmation Cross-Back Sleeveless Bodysuit
- 2. Be Ready for Anything with a Juniors’ SO® Oversized Blazer
- 3. Elevate Your Laid-Back Look in a Petite Nine West Relaxed Blazer
- 4. Make the Grade in a Juniors’ SO® Varsity Print Tank Top
- 5. Unlock Your Style Potential with a Juniors’ SO® Side Keyhole Racerback Tank Top
- 6. Lock Down Your Seasonal Style in a Juniors’ SO® Oversized Button-Up Shirt
- 7. Level Up Your Wardrobe with a LC Lauren Conrad Off-the-Shoulder Tiered Maxi Dress
- 8. Head Back in Time in a Pair of Juniors’ SO® ’90s Wide Leg Jeans
- 9. Reach New Heights in a Pair of Women’s Levi’s® High-Waist Straight Jeans
- 10. Make Room in Your Closet for These Juniors’ SO® Super High-Rise Baggy Jeans
- 11. Step into Seasonal Style with Patrizia Boticas Women’s Sandals
- 12. Pick Poetic Style for Your Shoe Collection with Nine West Sonet Women’s Slide Sandals
- 13. Kick Things Up a Notch in Nine West Zooza Women’s Dress Sandals
- 14. Take a Step Back in Time in a Pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Move Women’s High-Top Platform Sneakers
What is a Transitional Wardrobe?
Transitional wardrobe items make it easy to prepare your closet for the changing seasons. Pieces in a transitional wardrobe are versatile and can help you dress your best for any specific time of year.
There are a handful of items that are great to keep in your closet throughout the year to get geared up for shifting seasons. These essentials can work into summer outfits, as well as fall ensembles that keep you comfortable.
Some key pieces to include in your transitional wardrobe include leggings, which offer an added layer under a summertime dress, an oversized sweater and many everyday staples. Other must-haves to keep handy as the seasons change are boots, denim jackets, cardigan sweaters, jeans and neutral-color accessories.
Items made of cotton are always a great option, no matter the season. In the summer, cotton keeps you comfortable and dry. In fall, cotton offers just enough warmth to stay cozy when temperatures dip. This means that cotton dresses, shirts, pants and more are always sure to be a part of your wardrobe, no matter the month.
Key Transitional Wardrobe Items
Tops & Dresses
1. Lay the Foundation for Your Fall Look with a Women’s FLX Affirmation Cross-Back Sleeveless Bodysuit
Including a bodysuit in your wardrobe allows you to build a look from the ground up, ensuring comfort and an even, smooth base layer.
This women’s FLX bodysuit is designed with a soft jersey construction that stretches with your movements. The material also wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and comfortable throughout the day.
2. Be Ready for Anything with a Juniors’ SO® Oversized Blazer
Layers are the name of the game when it comes to transitional season wardrobes. Including a blazer in your transitional wardrobe sets you up to look great in any situation.
This juniors’ SO oversized blazer coordinates with lots of other items in your wardrobe, including leggings, pants, a wide variety of shirts and more. The oversized fit offers an on-trend, relaxed look.
3. Elevate Your Laid-Back Look in a Petite Nine West Relaxed Blazer
Another blazer option for your transitional wardrobe, this relaxed blazer from Nine West is super-versatile. It can work as part of your in-office outfit, or as a great weekend add-on that takes your casual look to the next level.
The relaxed fit again ties into current trends. A variety of color and pattern options means you can choose the blazer that’s perfect for your everyday wardrobe.
4. Make the Grade in a Juniors’ SO® Varsity Print Tank Top
A tank top is great for setting a foundation to your seasonal transitional wardrobe. You can layer a look easily with a tank at the base level. This SO tank top fits that need, and is sure to be a part of your wardrobe all year long.
A simple striped pattern provides timeless style, and the ribbed cotton blend ensures all-day comfort. When the temps drop a bit, cover up your tank top with a hoodie or a sweater for added warmth.
5. Unlock Your Style Potential with a Juniors’ SO® Side Keyhole Racerback Tank Top
For a tank top that offers a different type of look, choose this juniors’ SO racerback option. Aside from offering easy layering ability, the tank top provides other detailing that makes it stand out from the crowd.
Side ties and keyhole accents offer stylish appeal. The racerback design provides timeless style. A stretchy construction ensures you always feel your best during any season.
6. Lock Down Your Seasonal Style in a Juniors’ SO® Oversized Button-Up Shirt
A button-down shirt is a great option for any season, but works great when summer is transitioning to fall. It’s a layer that can be quickly added or removed from your look, depending on the conditions and the occasion.
This juniors’ shirt from SO delivers on the classic button-down style, while adding an oversized silhouette for on-trend appeal. The shirttail hem and cuffed long sleeves enhance the look, making it perfect for work-to-weekend wear.
7. Level Up Your Wardrobe with a LC Lauren Conrad Off-the-Shoulder Tiered Maxi Dress
Fun dresses aren’t strictly options for summertime wear. When the season begins to switch, look for dresses that take the charm and ease of wear of summer options and combine them with the colors and designs that make them ideal for fall.
This maxi dress from LC Lauren Conrad is a great autumn option. The maxi length offers the ideal amount of coverage needed for fall, while the tiered design provides feminine flair. The off-the-shoulder neckline allows this dress to hold on to summer style.
8. Head Back in Time in a Pair of Juniors’ SO® ’90s Wide Leg Jeans
Jeans are a staple of fall fashion. If you’re looking to make an impression with a pair of jeans, pick up these juniors’ SO ’90s wide-leg jeans.
The wide-leg design provides throwback appeal that’s reemerging into the consciousness of trendsetters. The stretch denim construction allows you to move with ease. Five pockets offer convenient storage for keys and a cell phone.
9. Reach New Heights in a Pair of Women’s Levi’s® High-Waist Straight Jeans
The high-waist look is another on-trend option for jeans. The design taps into that throwback feel once again, which is quite popular. These Levi’s jeans opt for straight-leg styling, which makes them comfortable and versatile.
The high-rise waist sits at the natural waistline. The jeans can easily be coordinated with button-down shirts, sweaters, hoodies and more.
10. Make Room in Your Closet for These Juniors’ SO® Super High-Rise Baggy Jeans
Roomy, high-rise jeans are all the rage these days, and these juniors’ SO jeans fit perfectly into the current fashion trends.
The stretch denim construction in these jeans allows for freedom of movement. The high rise and wide leg make these on-trend jeans options that will work throughout the fall season as everyday essentials.
11. Step into Seasonal Style with Patrizia Boticas Women’s Sandals
Slip into these open-toe, mule-style sandals elevated by a chunky stacked heel and platform sole. These sandals provide summer-to-fall appeal that easily fits into many of your outfits.
Match these shoes with jeans, leggings or a dress. They are great for wearing to the office, out for happy hour or on the weekends when joining friends for brunch or drinks.
12. Pick Poetic Style for Your Shoe Collection with Nine West Sonet Women’s Slide Sandals
Sandals continue to show their transitional wardrobe staying power, as these slide sandals from Nine West will be showstoppers in summer, fall and any time between.
The braided design on the upper makes these sandals stand out in the crowd. The padded footbed cushions each step in comfort.
13. Kick Things Up a Notch in Nine West Zooza Women’s Dress Sandals
Make a style statement anywhere you go in these standout high-heel dress sandals from Nine West. Their bold appeal makes them a formal must-have as you switch seasons.
The colorful, yet transparent upper gives these sandals iconic appeal that’s sure to get noticed. The high heel elevates the look of the sandals, ensuring they fit right at home at special events and important occasions.
14. Take a Step Back in Time in a Pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Move Women’s High-Top Platform Sneakers
Enjoy comfort and an extra bit of height with these Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Move women’s high-top platform sneakers. Ideal for casual outfits in any season, these Converse kicks are sure to become everyday staples.
The diamond-pattern outsole and iconic Chuck Taylor ankle patch provide signature style. The high-top canvas upper ensures long-lasting comfort and appeal.
When looking for new seasonal essentials for your wardrobe, shop the full line of women’s clothing at Kohl’s to find easy solutions for your transitional wardrobe..