How to Incorporate the Gothcore Trend into Your Wardrobe
Considering a new look that’s so cool it’s spooky? Then you’re sure to want to try the gothcore theme that’s perfect for fall or any season.
This trend is popular on social media, and some of the biggest celebrities and influencers have embraced its bold aesthetic. It’s noted for its use of dark colors, pops of plaid, statement necklaces and metal-inspired accessories.
Shop Kohl’s to find women’s clothing essentials that will instantly add on-trend appeal to your everyday look.
- What is the Gothcore Trend?
- 7 Gothcore Essentials for Your Closet
- 1. You’ll Look Rad in Plaid in a Juniors’ SO® Notched A-Line Mini Skirt
- 2. Go Bold in a Juniors’ SO® Solid Cut-Out Shoulder Top
- 3. Step into Gothcore Style in madden girl Honey-C Women’s Boots
- 4. Accessorize Your On-Trend Look with a Sonoma Goods For Life® Mini Sherpa Backpack
- 5. String a Gothcore Look Together with a Juniors’ Almost Famous Ruched Front Drawstring Bodycon Dress
- 6. Top Off Your Gothcore Look with a Women’s Intempo Faux-Leather Biker Jacket
- 7. Elevate Your Gothcore Look in a Pair of Nine West Henrita Women’s Platform Wedge Boots
What is the Gothcore Trend?
Gothcore is all about embracing the rock-star feel, complete with dark colors and bold add-ons. But it goes well beyond the all-black outfit one might assume is required, given the name of the trend.
Neutral colors are a must, and black is likely sure to be your go-to when building a gothcore wardrobe. Other base colors to choose include purple, green, yellow and more. Pair these colors alongside shades of red and splashes of white to make an immediate statement.
When it comes to patterns, be sure to look for pieces that offer plaids. Dresses or skirts with a plaid pattern connect to the retro feel that the gothcore trend is known for.
Other items to consider when creating the gothcore look include metal-studded accessories, chains, choker necklaces, clothing with leather or lace and punk or rock band T-shirts.
Lastly, it should come as no surprise that gothcore fashion is perfect for fall and Halloween wear. While gothcore apparel can be worn all year long, incorporating it into costumes for Halloween parties is easy to do. A gothcore look can, with the help of some creative makeup and additional accessories, become a modern vampire, witch or rock star costume that’s ready for any festive get-together.
7 Gothcore Essentials for Your Closet
1. You’ll Look Rad in Plaid in a Juniors’ SO® Notched A-Line Mini Skirt
As mentioned above, plaid is an iconic pattern in the gothcore fashion trend. This mini skirt from SO offers a look that’s ideal for the style, and works with plenty of other gothcore items you own.
Aside from the bold plaid pattern, the skirt offers a notch at the front of hem for additional appeal. The pull-on design with an elastic waistband ensures comfortable wear.
2. Go Bold in a Juniors’ SO® Solid Cut-Out Shoulder Top
To go along with your plaid skirt, add this juniors’ SO top. Its versatility makes it great for wearing as part of a gothcore wardrobe, or any other of your everyday looks.
A high neckline and cut-out detailing at the shoulders provide signature style. The soft jersey construction keeps you comfortable all day long.
3. Step into Gothcore Style in madden girl Honey-C Women’s Boots
Statement boots like these from madden girl are a staple of the gothcore trend. Not only does the black colorway suit the style perfectly, but it offers additional features that are key.
The chunky platform sole instantly elevates your look. The twin-gore inserts at the ankle make on-and-off a breeze. Chain details connect perfectly to the trend.
4. Accessorize Your On-Trend Look with a Sonoma Goods For Life® Mini Sherpa Backpack
A fun backpack is a fashionable and functional accessory to add to any look. This mini backpack from Sonoma Goods For Life enhances your gothcore look, and gives you a stylish way to carry essentials with you wherever you go.
Adjustable straps enable you to find the perfect fit. Multiple pockets keep items like cell phones, keys and wallets secure. The faux fur detailing adds charm that connects with the rest of your outfit.
5. String a Gothcore Look Together with a Juniors’ Almost Famous Ruched Front Drawstring Bodycon Dress
If you’d like an all-in-one essential that connects with the gothcore theme, choose this bodycon dress from Almost Famous. It captures the look associated with the trend, but also provides lasting charm that will keep it in your closet for years to come.
The twin front drawstrings and ruched detailing give the dress its signature appeal. Stretch material offers maximum comfort.
6. Top Off Your Gothcore Look with a Women’s Intempo Faux-Leather Biker Jacket
Add an edgy layer to any gothcore look with this women’s faux-leather biker jacket from Intempo. The moto style of the jacket ensures it fits into the theme, but it can also work well as part of your everyday outerwear collection.
The faux-leather construction provides long-lasting style. Two pockets offer additional storage for essential items.
7. Elevate Your Gothcore Look in a Pair of Nine West Henrita Women’s Platform Wedge Boots
These bold Nine West Henrita women’s platform wedge boots are sure to make heads turn when you’re decked out head-to-toe in gothcore style.
A bold platform wedge style offers a classic touch. The pull-on design ensures easy-on and easy-off wear.
Shop Kohl’s for all your women’s clothing needs, including items that are part of new trends like gothcore. With everything you need from all the brands you love, Kohl’s is your destination for women’s clothing.