Thames & Kosmos Nanotechnology Experiment Kit
With this Thames & Kosmos Nanotechnology Experiment Kit, the intangible, nanoscopic world becomes accessible with hands-on experiments using both scaled-up models and real nanomaterials.
- Conduct experiments concerning size, scale & orders of magnitude in the International System of Units, to get a feel for just how small a nanometer really is
- Explore how charcoal is like a nanoscale sponge with filtering experiments
- Conduct experiments with the hydrophilic (water-loving) & hydrophobic (water-hating) properties of different surfaces, which illustrate nanoscale properties
- Stir up some mixtures & suspensions, & then examine exotic mixtures to learn about the nanoscopic particles suspended in them
- Shine a laser through a colloidal gold — a suspension of nanoscale particles of gold
- Learn about the electromagnetic spectrum, laser light, electron microscopy & atomic force microscopy to begin to grasp how we can make nanomaterials visible
- Experiment with a special material that mimics the nanostructures on a gecko’s footpads that allow it to climb straight up a vertical pane of glass with ease
- Age: 15 years & up
- Requires 3 button cell LR41 SR41 1.5V batteries (not included)
- Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
- For warranty information please click here
- Model number: 631727
Promotional offers available online at Kohls.com may vary from those offered in Kohl's stores.