Bra fit information
80% of women wear the wrong bra size
Are you one of them?
You might be wearing
the wrong bra size if:
- The cups wrinkle.
- You spill over the top or side of the cups.
- The center of the bra doesn’t rest flat against your breastbone.
- The band rides up your back—if you can fit more than two fingers between the band and your back, it’s too loose.
Find your perfect fit
Bra sizing in two easy steps
Step 1: Measure
your band size
Take a snug measurement around your rib cage, directly under your bust and level around your body. Round to the nearest inch.
Step 2: Measure
your cup size
Take a loose measurement over the fullest part of your bust, keeping tape level around your body. Round to the nearest inch.
Find your perfect style
Learn proper bra care
Prolong the life of your bras
by following some simple tips.
- Hand wash your bras, especially those that contain an underwire. If you do use a washing machine, select a "delicate" or "hand wash" cycle and fasten the clasps to prevent snagging.
- Use a mild detergent and lukewarm water. Avoid extreme heat or highly concentrated detergents.
- Do not put your bra in the dryer. Line drying flat is best.
- Keep like colors together in washing.
- Wash your bra after each use to help reduce discoloring.
Find your perfect sports bra
Do you understand bra sizes? Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t – studies show that the majority of women wear the wrong bra size! Even though so many women of all ages buy and wear bras, it seems like few people discuss the importance of bra fitting. Only with the correct band and cup size will a bra offer the comfortable support you should expect from something you wear every day. Let Kohl’s clear things up and answer your questions about bra sizes and proper bra fit. Even if you may already know how to measure yourself for bras, check out the bra fitting guide and our bra size calculator to discover what styles will suit your body best.
If you often feel uncomfortable in your bras, it may be because you’re wearing the wrong size. Use Kohl’s easy bra size calculator to better understand how your bra fits you. Explore tips on how to care for a bra and learn about the different bra styles. Every body shape is different and everyone deserves comfort and support throughout the day. Plus, you can stock up on staples like panties, slips, Champion sports bras and Jockey shapewear while you’re here trying our bra size calculator or in-store bra fitting. Once you know your true bra size and understand precisely how a bra should fit, you’ll be prepared for a lifetime of happier bra shopping and wearing.